Well Mum, gee Dad, Dr Bethany Judson by the age of 23 – you must be so proud! I am pretty sure my PHD in LIFE is due to arrive in the post any day now…
A few more values the olds can take full credit for:
- Is it true, kind or necessary? Still working on this one, sometimes my mouth will open without prior permission from my brain.
- Family is important. Boom, this one has been mastered! No more eye rolling when we have to sit down for a family dinner with all devices off (Mum, no Facebook at the table). My new (spanish) word for today is ‘sobremesa’ (noun) meaning table talk. This is now one of my most treasured activities; cooking for my sizable family before spending time laughing at/with (and daring to outwit) one another around the table…
- “See this? Six pages. I will just finish my book and then we can go” IS an appropriate response to the child desperate to go to the playground.
- A clean house is NOT a sign of a wasted life – no matter how many quirky 50’s style pictures claim otherwise. Mum, this is one you can take all credit for. My washing does not always get put away, my floors are not vacuumed every few days, and sometimes I am too tired to do the dishes after dinner – but when it is done I do feel that house-proud feeling I always scoffed at. Priorities vs. excuses vs. that good old CBF’d feeling… Time spent with Marlee will always win, but my house is never revolting… thanks Mum.
- Good grammar is sexy. Full stop. (Mum, PLEASE do not point out any failures in this post.)
I hate people who mix up ‘there, their and they’re’. It’s worse than not knowing the difference between your left and write. unknown